Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I hate traveling

I get to travel for work, so I guess that means I get paid to travel. Except not really.

Sometimes, it's ok. Every once in a while, I get to go to someplace nice. In early December, I got to go to Bermuda. That sounds wonderful doesn't it? Except that I went by myself. And it gets dark by 4:30 in Bermuda in December, and guess what time I get out of work?

Is it glamorous and exciting to travel to Seattle (Or actually Bothell, WA, where I am now)? Well right before the car service picked me up (ooh - I must be important!), I received a text from Delta informing me that my Rochester to Atlanta flight would be delayed enough that I would miss my connection from Atlanta to Seattle. (BTW - why was I going to Seattle by way of Atlanta anyway? - corporate travel department...). So, Delta rebooked me on a flight through Detroit that was running an hour late. Would I make it to Detroit in time? What about my bag? Even if both my bag and I reunited at the Seattle Airport, what time would we actually arrive in Bothell? Well things worked out ok for me this time. As I boarded the plane with my middle seat assignment, I was told that I had been upgraded to first class. This meant I really didn't need to wolf down the Taco Bell gorditas and tacos, because Delta would provide me with a nice chicken with cous-cous dinner, with a slice of cheesecake. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure the Boeing 757 was built in the Nixon administration, so there was no entertainment (audio or video) to be found.

I made it to the hotel around 11pm Pacific (2am in my head), and couldn't fall asleep for an hour or so. So I sent out a few emails, and got ready for my 7am meeting. Oh yeah, I have to commute 30 minutes to get there, so I'll be getting up bright and early.

I hate traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment